Death To All Hobbits!
Multi-award-winning author Mal Peet joins us for this special show: Mal’s off to New Zealand to teach a three-month creative writing workshop at the University of Wellington: before he visits the Land Of The Long White Cloud, he’s here to share his thoughts about this week’s topics… and also about hobbits (warning: Tolkien fans take cover!).
Today’s topics include:
- Prince George’s considers taking ownership of students’ work
- Associations Can’t Fight Copyright Claims on Behalf of Their Members
- Judge Clears Penguin of Negligence in Publishing Account of Illicit Affair
- Iowa and Minnesota Supreme Courts decide closely watched libel cases
- Lawsuit Threatened by Attorney Representing Author and Publisher of ‘The Harbinger’
- Knopf U.S. investigating publishing Scientology tell-all in Canada
- Broadway bosses stuck in tangled web of Spider-Man musical lawsuit
- Pentagon Relaxes Censorship of Afghan War Memoir
- Mortenson to seek dismissal of suit claiming he lied in books
Picture by Tim Cuff
Also in this series
Play This Show On Your Website
Click below for the code to embed an audioplayer of this show in your webpage or blog.